With Otis Taylor, it's best to expect the unexpected. While his music, an amalgamation of roots styles in their rawest form, discusses heavyweight issues like murder, homelessness, tyranny, and injustice, his personal style is lighthearted. "I'm good at dark, but I'm not a particularly unhappy person," he says. "I'd just like to make enough money to buy a Porsche." Whether it's his unique instrumentation (he fancies banjo and cello), or it's the sudden sound of a female vocal, or a seemingly...
Dazzle Jazz proudly presents Greg Gisbert's Giz Band on Sunday, June 26 at 6 & 8pm and again on Monday, June 27 at 7pm.The Giz Band: Greg Gisbert - trumpet & flugelhorn, Annie Booth - piano, Mike Boone - bass, Tommy Campbell - drumsGreg Gisbert is a renowned trumpet and fluglehorn player. During his brief time in school at Berklee, Gisbert was offered to go on the road with Buddy Rich as a connection made through Wilson. Gisbert's credits have then included: Buddy Rich (1985–86),...
Rocky Mountain PBS News
- Working ‘the Chain’ in Slaughterhouses Can Lead to Lifelong Disabilities
- Dangerous Jobs, Cheap Meat: Packing Plants Can Still Be Deadly Places
- Shooting of Guard Highlights Public Safety Danger of Cash Only Marijuana
- New Program Allows Eligible Denver County Inmates to Vote from Jail
- Hick’s New Book Recounts Battle to Retain ‘Mile High’ as Stadium Name