Denver Arts and Venues FIVE POINTS JAZZ FESTIVAL 2016 -- huge success! Thank you for supporting jazz in our beautiful Colorado community. Arturo Gómez led the Fire It Up Brass Band, the Second Line and marching attendees to kick off the 13th annual free jazz festival in Five Points.
This is the way to kick off your weekend --- with the Ken Walker Sextet! Ken Walker started playing upright bass when he was a student at Arkansas Tech University, where he received his bachelor of music education degree. He moved to Denver in late 1985 and in 1987 began a 12-year tenure as the house bassist at Denver's legendary jazz club El Chapultepec that ended in 1998. Today, he plays regularly at Dazzle Jazz and is the Rocky Mountain region’s 1st-call jazz bassist. Walker has played...
Rocky Mountain PBS News
- New Law Gives State Judges More Discretion in Sentencing for Assault
- Spring Snowmelt Bringing Rising Water Levels and Speeds to Colorado Rivers
- Lean Times Visit North Dakota Route 22 as Bakken Oil Boom Recedes
- Rattlesnake Roundup Time in Okla., but Some Consider Hunts Inhumane
- Colorado’s Experiment with Legal Marijuana Shows Signs of Working