The Gary Peacock Trio will perform on Thursday, February 11 at 7pm and at 9pm. Over the span of five decades, Gary Peacock has established himself as one of the most versatile and talented bass players in jazz. One of his earliest influences was avant-garde saxophonist Albert Ayler, with whom Peacock performed and recorded in the 1960s. His music has also been greatly affected by his studies of Eastern music and philosophy. Since the 1980s, Peacock has been adding contemporary twists to old...
LIVE IN THE PHYLLIS A GREER PERFORMANCE STUDIO Join us Tuesday, February 9 – 1pm to 2pm – on Take Note with host Susan Gatschet Gumbo Le Funque will be in our performance studio to celebrate Fat Tuesday! Their muscular groove pays homage to the melting pot sounds of the Big Easy, fusing American musical roots with the energy of the 21st century. Colorado band influenced by the entire tradition of the second line and traditional jazz, Maceo Parker, Galactic, Dr. John, Professor Longhair, The...
Rocky Mountain PBS I-News
- Runoff from Mine Waste Is as Acidic as Vinegar, with Huge Mitigation Costs
- Fertilizer Boom May be Good News for Farmers, but Not for the Environment
- Advocacy Group Report Cites Preschool Access Difficulties in Southwest Denver
- This Community Grocery Store in the Hands of the Students Who Run It
- Program Seeks to Restore Native Grasslands, Prairie, on the Great Plains