As a non-commercial radio broadcaster, KUVO must adhere to certain standards when recognizing underwriters. Rather than "promoting" businesses, KUVO gives underwriters factual recognition that keeps the company's image consistent with the high level of quality KUVO listeners expect.
Spots must be noncommercial, concise and reflect the values of KUVO's programming.
- 15 seconds in length for corporations, 20 seconds for nonprofits
- Noncommercial messaging: factual information can include product name, description of services, event dates and location
- Credits may contain a phone number and/or website address
- Well-established slogan, logogram or corporate positioning statement can be included
- Spots are recorded by KUVO/KVJZ staff
- Comparative statements (ex: the best, largest, bigger, faster)
- Subjective qualitative statements (ex: fine, great, superb)
- Call-to-action statements that direct the audience to call, visit, try, compare, etc.
- Call-out questions (ex: Want to know ..? or What is…?)
- Price information, including free
- Inducement to buy statements that direct the audience to purchase the product (ex: trial offer, 2 for 1, etc.)
- First or second person pronouns (ex: I, me, you, your).
- Mention of second parties – underwriting copy can only name the corporation or organization providing the sponsorship
- Language advocating political, religious or social causes
- Support comes from Second Federal Bank, offering investment CDs and mortgage financing geared to the individual's financial resources. Information is available at (phone) or on the web at (website).
- Programming is supported by Hickory Bank, offering mortgage loan programs for new homes and refinancing. With locations throughout the tri-state area, additional information is available from Hickory Bank at (phone).
- KUVO is supported by First Bank's Capital Management Account, combining stocks, bonds, mutual funds, and checking into one monthly statement.
Contact Rob at 303-446-7624 or Rob@KUVO.org.