KUVO Jazz, Dazzle, Central Presents and Feyline have teamed up to bring a distinguished music lineup to the historic and mystical mountain town of Central City, Colorado.
Central Jazz is the revival of the Central City Jazz Festival, which ran continuously from 1976 through 1992 and is resurfacing on June 9th, 2018 with an unparalleled lineup. This year will feature four stages in various locations throughout the town, ensuring fans can explore the quaint and beautiful location amidst this connoisseur-status music offering.
This festival will feature many talented musicians from renowned acts such as the Meters, Galactic, Dumpstaphunk, Jerry Garcia Band, The Motet and Lettuce. Dragon Smoke and the NOLA Central All-Stars, two “Superjams”, are co-headlining this event. The “Superjam” is a New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival tradition, pairing together members from various bands to create something unique and special. Central Jazz will play host to a variety of other talent, such as local favorites the Adam Bodine Trio, Venus Cruz’s “What Young Men Do”, and more curated by KUVO and Dazzle.
The event will host the first ever appearance of the NOLA Central All-Stars, which will be an annually curated “supergroup” of renowned musicians. This year’s All-Stars include Ivan Neville, Ian Neville, Alvin Ford Jr., George Porter, Jr., Nick Daniels and Tony Hall.
Dragon Smoke (Members of Galactic & Dumpstaphunk)
NOLA Central All-Stars (Ivan Neville, Ian Neville, Alvin Ford Jr., George Porter Jr., Nick Daniels, Tony Hall)
Joe Marcinek Band (Melvin Seals, Tony Hall, Joe Marcinek)
George Porter Jr. & Runnin’ Pardners
Adam Deitch Jazz Quartet (Debut)
Local Acts: The Copper Children, Venus Cruz’s “What Young Men Do”, Adam Bodine Trio, MLIMA*, The Midnight Club, Chris Conquered
- Music from 11 am (6/9) - 3 am (6/10)
- All Ages Event, some restricted areas/sets for Under 21
- Morning Brunch featuring live music (21+)
- Official after party featuring Juno What?!, Cycles and Mlima from 11pm-3am
- Getting There:
- Free parking will be available
- 30 minute drive from Denver, 45 minute drive from Boulder
- Various ride options will be made available
- On Friday, June 8th, there will be a kick off event, open to the public hosted by Grand Z Casino (21+)