Marian McPartland's Piano Jazz
Fri August 15, 2014
Makoto Ozoné On Piano Jazz
Originally published on Fri August 29, 2014 6:03 am
A world-class jazz composer and pianist, Makoto Ozoné began playing organ at age 2 and picked up piano at 12 after falling in love with the music of Oscar Peterson.
In this episode of Piano Jazz from 2002, Ozoné shows his mastery of the keyboard as he solos in his original "Lullaby for Rabbit." Host Marian McPartland performs a "Portrait of Makoto Ozoné," and together they enjoy musical jokes in Sonny Rollins' "Sonnymoon for Two."
Originally broadcast in 2002.
- "Lullaby For Rabbit" (Ozoné)
- "Here's That Rainy Day" (Van Heusen)
- "Ill Winds" (Arien)
- "Windows" (Corea)
- "Asian Dream" (Ozoné)
- "Free Piece" (McPartland)
- Example from Twentieth Century (Ozoné)
- "Portrait Of Makoto Ozoné" (McPartland)
- "Sonnymoon For Two" (Rollins)