General Manager and Co-Host, First Take with Lando and Chavis
Co-Host, First Take with Lando and Chavis and Public Affairs Manager
Host, The Morning Beat and Production Manager
Music Director and Host of Lunchtime at the Oasis
Host, Take Note and Producer, First Take with Lando and Chavis
Host, Jazz Caravan and Production Assistant
Host, Into the Evening
GUIDELINES FOR UNDERWRITING SPOTS
Because KUVO radio is a non-commercial broadcaster, we must adhere to certain standards for regulating the ways in which we recognize the underwriters that support us. We may identify your business or product in many ways, but we cannot "promote" it. In practice, this is actually easy to implement and keeps your company's image consistent with the high level of quality KUVO listeners have come to expect.
Guidelines for underwriting spots
• Spots on KUVO are concise and noncommercial underwriting messages that reflect the nature of public broadcasting and tie your organization in with the values of our programming.
• Underwriting copy guidelines at KUVO Public Radio are designed to promote consistency of sound with our well-respected and trusted programming.To learn more, please contact Tina Cartagena, 303-446-7612 or via at Tina@kuvo.org.
Sample copy for your spot
• "Support comes from Second Federal Bank, offering investment CDs and mortgage financing geared to the individual's financial resources. Information is available at (phone) or on the web at ... "
• "Programming is supported by Hickory Bank, offering mortgage loan programs for new homes and refinancing. With locations throughout the tri-state area, additional information is available from Hickory Bank at (phone)."
• "KUVO is supported by First Bank's Capital Management Account, combining stocks, bonds, mutual funds, and checking on one monthly statement."
What is allowed on KUVO/KVZJ Public Radio?
• 15 seconds in length.
• 20 seconds in length for nonprofit organizations.
• Spots are recorded by KUVO/KVJZ Public Radio staff.
• Just the facts, information about the underwriter, including location, product name and description of services.
• Credits may contain a phone number or website address.
• Event dates and locations.
• Well-established slogan, logogram or corporate positioning statement.
What is not allowed on KUVO/KVJZ Public Radio?
• No comparative statements (the best, largest, bigger, faster)
• No qualitative statements that involve subjective evaluation of quality (fine, great, superb).
• No call-to-action statements that direct the audience to call, to visit, to try, to compare.
• No call-out statements such as questions (“Want to know ..?” or “What is…?”).
• No price information (including "free").
• No inducement to buy statements that direct the audience to purchase the product (trial offer, 2 for 1).
• No first or second person pronouns (I, me, you, your).
• No mention of second parties – underwriting copy can only name the corporation or organization providing the sponsorship.
• No language advocating political, religious or social causes.