The Freddy Rodriguez Quartet will perform in the Phyllis A. Greer Performance Studio on Thursday, 2/11 from 4 to 5pm for a little pre-celebration before the big party at El Chapultepec at 9pm. Featuring: Freddy Rodriguez Sr.-Saxophone, Freddy Rodriguez Jr.- piano, Andrew Hudson-bass, and Tony Black-drums. Freddy Rodriguez turned 85 yesterday and there will be a birthday celebration at the Pec Thursday evening. The band will also be performing at Dazzle for the lunch club this Friday, 2/12 at...
The Gary Peacock Trio will perform on Thursday, February 11 at 7pm and at 9pm. Over the span of five decades, Gary Peacock has established himself as one of the most versatile and talented bass players in jazz. One of his earliest influences was avant-garde saxophonist Albert Ayler, with whom Peacock performed and recorded in the 1960s. His music has also been greatly affected by his studies of Eastern music and philosophy. Since the 1980s, Peacock has been adding contemporary twists to old...
Rocky Mountain PBS I-News
- Abandoned Oil and Gas Wells in Colorado
- Students Travel to Capitol to Discuss College Prep Ideas with Lawmakers
- Runoff from Mine Waste Is as Acidic as Vinegar, with Huge Mitigation Costs
- Fertilizer Boom May be Good News for Farmers, but Not for the Environment
- Advocacy Group Report Cites Preschool Access Difficulties in Southwest Denver