Tune in to First Take with Lando and Chavis - weekdays from 6-9 am MT - for Stories of Standards to hear our favorite versions of this song all week long! Richard Rodgers and Lorenz Hart introduced “My Funny Valentine” in “Babes in Arms” (1937), the first musical for which they wrote the book as well as the music and lyrics. This song has appeared on over 1300 albums by over 600 artists; the Gerry Mulligan recording featuring Chet Baker was inducted into the Library of Congress’ National...
The Gary Peacock Trio will perform on Thursday, February 11 at 7pm and at 9pm. Over the span of five decades, Gary Peacock has established himself as one of the most versatile and talented bass players in jazz. One of his earliest influences was avant-garde saxophonist Albert Ayler, with whom Peacock performed and recorded in the 1960s. His music has also been greatly affected by his studies of Eastern music and philosophy. Since the 1980s, Peacock has been adding contemporary twists to old...
Rocky Mountain PBS I-News
- Runoff from Mine Waste Is as Acidic as Vinegar, with Huge Mitigation Costs
- Fertilizer Boom May be Good News for Farmers, but Not for the Environment
- Advocacy Group Report Cites Preschool Access Difficulties in Southwest Denver
- This Community Grocery Store in the Hands of the Students Who Run It
- Program Seeks to Restore Native Grasslands, Prairie, on the Great Plains